Tuesday, February 20, 6:30-8pm
2nd Tuesdays at the New Orleans Photo Alliance
1100 St Mary Street, New Orleans
This workshop is free and open to the public.
This crash course will discuss some of the most frequently asked tax questions by freelance and self-employed photographers. The conversation will include:
• Business structures: sole proprietorships, LLCs, etc.
• Best accounting practices: income, expenses, income statements, software
• Use of a home office and other deductions.
• Basic tax forms (W-9, 1099, 1040, etc)
• Contract labor and staff: how to pay them and when to issue a 1099
• Sales tax and sales tax exemptions: who, what, when, where, why?